Lee laments Hollywood 'stars


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is London:
Veteran actor Christopher Lee has criticised the new wave of young Hollywood stars, claiming they are chosen for their looks rather than their talent.

This is so refreshing to hear, and I completely agree. Not only do I think this cricitism is spot-on with regard to Hollywood, but it's sadly true for the Music industry as well. All of the great singer/songwriters of our generation (Rufus Wainwright, Chris Stills, etc.) are relegated to the "indie" scene because mainstream audiences are being sold a pretty, studio-engineered package that is far from what it should be about: talent. I hadn't thought about the same ringing true for Hollywood, but I must say I agree.

Lee does take the time to praise one of the great young actors of our generation:
The number one actor in the world as far as I'm concerned is Johnny Depp. He's not afraid of a challenge, he's not afraid of anything.

Once again, I agree. Read the whole article. It's good.

Give me some feedback: Who do you feel like the most talented and under-appreciated artists are in music and film? I'm particularly interested to hear what musicians you love and wish more people knew about.


Previous posts

Archives

About me

Links

Backpack: Get Organized and Collaborate
-------------------

Subscribe




Add to Google

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add :: putting the action in distraction :: to Newsburst from CNET News.com

Subscribe in FeedLounge

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL